Alida Binte Saqi
ALIDA BINTE SAQI
- Educational Qualification
- Professional Qualification
- Research Interest
LL.M. (Thesis) in Comparative Law, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada, 2019
Thesis: Revisiting The Rights of the Adivasis of Bangladesh: A Critical Analysis
-Graduate Excellence Award
-Philippe Lette Fellowship
-Differential Fees Waiver
LL.M., Northern University Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2015
Thesis: Legal Status of Palestine
LL.B. (Honours), Northern University Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2014
Thesis: Settlement of Refugee Issues: Application of International Refugee Law
Awards: Departmental Scholarship for Merit (2010-2013)
May, 2016: Advocate, Dhaka Bar Association, Bangladesh Bar Council.
- “Refugees in Bangladesh: A Discourse in Law and Reality” (Co-author-2021) Editor: Vincent Chetail, Professor of International Law, Graduate Institute, Geneva.
- “Durable Solutions for the Rohingya Crisis in Bangladesh: A Sociolegal Enigma?” Bangladesh Journal of Law (BJL), Volume 18 Issues 1 & 2.
- “Human Rights Violations of the Ethnic Communities in Bangladesh: Allegations v Realities”, ELCOP Year Book on Human Rights and Rebellious Lawyering, 10 October 2019, ELCOP, Dhaka, pp. 185-206. ISBN 978-984-34-7372-1.
- “The Strategy of Warfare and Its Non-Humanitarian Side: A Critical Analysis of Using Autonomous Weapons (AWS)”, ELCOP Year Book on Human Rights and Digital Age, 10 October 2018, ELCOP, Dhaka, pp. 151-164. ISBN 978-984-31-5114-9.
“Story of the Tea Workers: Subsistence against Hegemony” edited by Syed Masud Reza and Barrister Tapas Kanti Baul, November 2014, ELCOP, Dhaka. ISBN: 978-984-33-8210-8:
- “History of the Tea Gardens and Tea Workers of Bangladesh” Co-authored with Riad Mahmud, pp. 21-42.
- “Marginalization of the Marginals: A Systematic Refusal of Labour Rights” Co-authored with three others, pp. 105-156.
- “Conclusion: by Way of Recommendation” Co-authored with Priyanka Bose, pp.199-206.
Jul 2020-Present: Deputy Editor (Pro-Bono), South Asian Law Review, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Oct 2017-Present: Lecturer, Department of Law & Human Rights, University of Asia Pacific, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Jan 2016-Sept 2017: Lecturer, Department of Law, Northern University Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Jan 2015-June 2018: Research Associate, The Zurist, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
March 2013-Dec 2014: Research Associate, Empowerment Through Law of the Common People (ELCOP), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
April 2015-Dec 2015: Junior Legal Associate, The Zurist, a law firm, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Jan 2014-June 2014: Apprentice Lawyer, Haroun-Or-Rashid and Associates, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
International Protection of Human Rights, International Humanitarian Law, Autonomous Weapons System, Refugee Issues, Comparative Law, Indigenous Rights, Crossing Cultures and Jurisprudence.