Md. Saleh Akram
Md. Saleh Akram
MSS in VRJ, University of Dhaka
LL.B. (Honours), University of Asia Pacific
LL.M. University of Asia Pacific
- Educational Qualification
- Professional Qualification
- Research Interest
MSS Social Welfare with Specialization in Victimology and Restorative Justice (VRJ) (2013- 2014)
Institute of Social Welfare and Research, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
LLM Department of Law and Human Rights, University of Asia Pacific (2011- 2012)
LLB Department of Law and Human Rights, University of Asia Pacific (2007- 2011)
Recipient of the Vice- Chancellor’s Gold Medal for Academic Excellence in the 6th Convocation of University of Asia Pacific
DHR Diploma of Human Rights and Legal Aid (2012)
Humanist and Ethical Association of Bangladesh in collaboration with Dhaka International University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Land Survey Survey Training Course (2015)
Dhaka Survey Training Institute.
HSC Cantonment Public School and College, Rangpur (2005- 2006)
SSC Govt. Boys’ High School, Thakurgaon (2003- 2004)
He got scholarship under Rajshahi Board.
- Training on “Are your online students engaged?” arranged by Institute for the Development of Online Learning (IDOL) (Held from 14,16 & 18 March, 2021).
- Training on Improving Learning & Teaching Skills (ILTS) (Batch VI) arranged by University of Asia Pacific (UAP) (Held from October 09- 16, 2019).
- Training on Teaching for active Learning (TAL batch 5) arranged by Foundation for learning, Teaching and Research (fLTR).
- 12th Advanced Training Course on Research Methodology (jointly organized by Bangladesh Peace and Development Mission (BPDM) and Social Science Research Council (SSRC), Ministry of Planning, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh.) held from 8 November 2013 to 28 December 2013
- Teaching Seminar on “International Humanitarian Law” (Organized by: International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC) in collaboration with Faculty of Law, Eastern University.) (Held from July 2-4, 2013)
- “Intensive Trial Advocacy Workshop” (Organized by: Bangladesh Bar Council in association with Australian Bar Association.) held from December 10-13, 2012.
- Proprietor of Advocate Saleh Akram & Associates, G.P.JA 159, Wireless Gate, Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Co- partnerat Advocate Abdus Salam & Associates, Thakurgaon, Bangladesh.
- Associateat Advocates, Attorneys and Barristers Law Firm, Planners Tower, Banglamotor, Dhaka.
Member of Supreme Court Bar Association 2017
Qualified to practice in the High Court Division of the Supreme Court of Bangladesh.
Supreme Court of Bangladesh 2017
Qualified to practice in the Supreme Court of Bangladesh.
Member of Dhaka Taxes Bar Association 2015
Qualified to practice as an Advocate in the Dhaka Taxes Bar Association.
Member of Dhaka Bar Association 2014
Qualified to practice as an Advocate in the Dhaka District and Sessions Judge Court.
Bangladesh Bar Council 2014
Qualified to practice as an Advocate in Bangladesh.
- Online Shopping in Bangladesh: Prospects and Challenges (June 2020), Volume I (Issue 1) Lexstructor National Journal of Law and Technology 91-107.
- Restorative Justice an Alternative Route of Dispute Settlement in Case of Rape (April 2020), Volume VI (Issue 1) International Journal of Legal & Social Studies (IJLSS)(ISSN: 2413 – 6131) 70-84.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) in the Family Courts of Bangladesh Pave the Way of Access to Justice (July 2019), Volume I (Issue 3) International Journal of Law, Policy and Social Review 01- 07.
- A Study on Child Labour in Bangladesh: Causes and Consequences (November 2017), Volume II (Issue I) Journal of Rights of the Child ofNational Law University Odisha (NLUO) 01-19.
- A Gender Justice or Injustice in Case of Adultery (2017), Volume 7 (No. 5) Law Journal Bangladesh (ISSN: 2413 – 6131).
- A Critical Analysis of Access to Justice in Bangladesh (2017), Volume 6 (Issue 8) International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Invention (IJHSSI) (ISSN (Online): 2319 – 7722, ISSN (Print): 2319 – 7714) 50-58.
- A Study on Dissolution of Muslim Marriage in the Context of Bangladesh: A Critical Analysis (2017), Legal Services India (ISBN: 978-81-928510-1-3).
- Protect Rights of Justice Seekers: A Critical Analysis of Legal Aid Laws of Bangladesh (2017), Legal Services India (ISBN: 978-81-928510-1-3).
- Restorative Justice: A Message of Hope for Victims and offenders, RACOLB LEGAL (Delhi, India), 07 April, 2017.
- The benefits of restorative justice, The Daily Star (Dhaka), 24 January, 2017.
- The admissibility of e-mail as evidence, The Daily Star (Dhaka), 18 March, 2017.
Conferences, Symposiums and Seminars (Participated):
- Presented a paper on “Defaulted Loans & Abusing Legal Process to Avoid Bank Loan Repayment: Analyzing the Banking Laws of Bangladesh” at the Departmental Law Seminar which was organized by Department of Law and Human Rights, University of Asia Pacific, held on 31 March 2021.
- Presented a paper on “Access to Justice and Legal Profession’s Fundamental Safeguards” at the Sixth Prof. N.R. Madhava Menon South Asian Mooting Competition, Law Students Conference & Colloquium 2020-21, South Asian Round which was organized by Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida in association with Menon Institute of Legal Advocacy and Training (MILAT) from 19 to 21 March, 2021.
- Worked as a co- researcher and the research paper has been presented in a Live Webinar on “Status of Involuntarily Displaced Persons in International Law: A Case Study on Rohingyas in Bangladesh” Organized by: Department of Law and Human Rights and the Institute of Energy, Environment Research and Development (IEERD), University of Asia Pacific) held on 28 July 2020.
- Participated in an online seminar on “Moving from Classroom to off- campus Teaching: Hope, Expectations and the Way Forward” Organized by: Foundation for Learning Teaching and Research) held on 27 July 2020.
- Participated in an International Round table Webinar with Vice Chancellors/Educationists on “COVID-19 and Higher Education: Challenges and Responses” (Organized by: Sharda University International Relations Division) held on 02 July 2020.
- Webinar on “Legal Empowerment, Civil Society and Corruption: Rethinking Governance-oriented Aid in Today’s Challenging International Contexts”(Organized by: Centre for Peace and Justice (CPJ), BRAC University) held on June 01, 2020
- Online Roundtable Discussion on “the Syria’s Conflict’s Impact on International Law” based on the new book published by Cambridge University Press, CWRU Law School Dean Michael Scharf, PILPG President Paul Williams, and Cleveland Marshall College of Law Professor Milena Sterio (Organized by: Department of Law, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland) held on May 19, 2020
- Webinar on “Justice Delivery in the Digital Age: The Future Emerges from the Present” (Organized by: LiveLaw.in) held on May 16, 2020
- Dialogue on “Engaging with the ICC on the Rohingya Situation:
Opportunities and Challenges for Lawyers and Civil Society in Bangladesh” (Organized by: Bangladesh Legal Aid and Services Trust and Doughty Street Chambers)held onJune 12, 2019 at Conference Room, BishwoShahittoKendro, Dhaka
- National Seminar on “Restorative Justice in Bangladesh: Challenges and Prospects”(Organized by: Institute of Social Welfare and Research under its Specialized Masters Program in VRJ, University of Dhaka.)held on May 16, 2014
- International Conference on “South Asia and International Law: Engagement or Encounter?” held on 23-24 August 2014
- Special Workshop on “Human Rights in the Constitution and Consumer Rights Protection Act, 2009” (Organized by: Humanity Foundation) held on October 4, 2013
- Seminar on “Human Rights in Bangladesh” (Organized By: UAP Centre for Legal Studies.) held on December 10, 2011
- Competition on “6th National Henry Dunant Memorial Moot Court Competition 2010, Dhaka, Bangladesh” (Organized by: Faculty of Law, University of Dhaka in collaboration with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).) held on September 23-25, 2010.
Ø Research Grants
♦ A research grant of Tk. 2, 95,000 was awarded for working as a co- researcher on “Defaulted Loans & Abusing Legal Process to Avoid Bank Loan Repayment: Analyzing the Banking Laws of Bangladesh” by the Institute of Energy, Environment, Research and Development (IEERD), University of Asia Pacific.
♦ A research grant of Tk. 1, 80,000 was awarded for working as a co- researcher on “Status of Involuntarily Displaced Persons in International Law: A Case Study on Rohingyas in Bangladesh” by the Institute of Energy, Environment, Research and Development (IEERD), University of Asia Pacific.
2008- Present Co- partner at Advocate Md. Abdus Salam & Associates, Thakurgaon, Bangladesh.
2011- Present Associate at Advocates, Attorneys and Barristers Law Firm, Planners Tower, Banglamotor, Dhaka.
2014- Present Proprietor of Advocate Md. Saleh Akram & Associates, G.P.JA 159, Wireless Gate, Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
TEACHING AND RESEARCH EXPERIENCE IN HIGHER EDUCATION
2019- Present Assistant Professor at Department of Law and Human Rights, University of Asia Pacific.
2013- 2019 Taught as Lecturer at Department of Law and Human Rights, University of Asia Pacific.
My research interest includes Labour Law, Personal Laws and Restorative Justice.